SSL For Free
Free SSL Certificates & Free Wildcard SSL Certificates in Minutes
100% Free Forever
Never pay for SSL again. Thanks to Letsencrypt the first non-profit CA.
Our free SSL certificates are trusted in 99.9% of all major browsers.
Enjoy SSL Benefits
- Protect user data & gain trust
- Improve Search Engine Ranking
- Prevent forms of website hacking
Over 2,000,000+ Free SSL Certificates Created
How It Works
- Let's Encrypt is the first free and open CA
We generate certificates using their ACME server by using domain validation.
- Private Keys are generated in your browser and never transmitted.
For browsers which support Web Cryptography (all modern browsers) we generate a private key in your browser using the Web Cryptography API and the private key is never transmitted. The private key also gets deleted off your browser after the certificate is generated. If your browser does not support the Web Cryptography API then the keys will be generated on the server using the latest version of OpenSSL and outputted over SSL and never stored. For the best security you are recommended to use a supported browser for client generation. You can also provide your own CSR when using manual verification in which case the private key is handled completely on your end.
These tutorials have been graciously created by others to help with your SSL certificate verification and installation process depending on your server setup.
- CPanel Shared Server Hosting - SSL Certificate - HTTP Verification, Installation, and Force HTTPS Redirect
- Alternative Persian (Farsi) Language Version
- Free Wildcard SSL Certificates
Wildcard certificates allow you to secure any subdomains under a domain. If you wanted to secure any subdomains of example.org that you have now or in the future you can make a wildcard certificate. To generate wildcard certificates add an asterisk to the beginning of the domain(s) followed by a period. Wildcard domains do not secure the root domain so you must re-enter the root domain if you want it also secured under one certificate. For example to create a wildcard domain for example.org enter *.example.org example.org. To create a wildcard certificate for multiple domains such as example.org and example.com enter *.example.org example.org *.example.com example.com. Manual DNS verification will be required.
- Multiple Domains or Subdomains or Wildcards
Multiple domains or subdomains are allowed and should be separated by spaces (e.g. "subdomain.domain.com domain.com otherdomain.org *.wildcarddomain.com"). If the multiple domains or subdomains pertain to multiple directories then you must use manual HTTP verification and upload verification files to the correct directories or use DNS verification.
- Prevent WWW from being Added
We automatically add the www version of the domain to the certificate (the www. domain may need separate certificate installation for it to work) if not already added as most users want that implicitly. To remove the www just submit the domains you want to verify then on the verification page near the top click on "Add / Edit Domains" and remove it and submit again.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this free for commercial use?
Yes, it is free for all usages including commercial usage.
- Can I use my own CSR?
Yes, just choose one of the manual verification methods and there will be an input at the bottom before the generate certificate button to provide your own CSR.
- Do these SSL certificates work for IP addresses?
No, certificates can only be generated for registered domain names.
- Special Characters and Internationalized Domain Names
For domain names with special characters or international characters we automatically convert it to the punycode representation.
- Can Verification Files or TXT records be deleted after verification?
Yes, all verification files or records can be deleted after verification. It is used only once for each verification.
- My website gives a security error after installation
If your website shows a security error then installation was not done correctly. You can try going to https://www.ssllabs.com/ to check SSL certificate installation issues and fix. If you need help with this your best bet would be to contact your host, professional developer or admin for help.
- My website works but shows a red "Not Secure" or "Insecure" in the address bar after installation
Your website most likely has insecure content which needs to be remedied. You can try going to https://whynopadlock.com to see issues and fix. If you need help with this your best bet would be to contact your host, professional developer or admin for help.
- My website is still not going to HTTPS or Secure after a successful installation
Web servers do not redirect to HTTPS by default. If you want to force it you will have to configure it to force a redirect. This configuration will depend on your server setup. If you need help with this your best bet would be to contact your host, professional developer or admin for help.
- Further questions or feedback?
Other SSL Tools
These tools can help with your SSL process. The tools are graciously provided by their respective authors, we are not responsible for any third party SSL tools.
- SSL Certificate Converter - Converting between PEM & PFX Format (PKCS#12 / PKCS#7) for Microsoft IIS, Azure, & other servers
- SSL CSR Generator - Generate your own CSR's
- SSL Website Certificate Checker - For checking your SSL certificate installation. If you want to check if installation is correct.
- SSL Website Content Checker - For when you have insecure content errors. Insecure images or iframes can cause these errors.
- OpenSSL Toolkit
- FTP Client for help with manual HTTP verification
- Self-Signed SSL Certificate Generator - For when you don't need a trusted certificate for internal use
- Let's Encrypt - For their free ACME client and trusted root certificate cross signed by Iden Trust.
- PKIJS - For their amazing Web Crypto wrapper and CSR generation library.
- JSZIP - For client zipping and downloading of certificate files.