SSL For Free
Free SSL Certificates in MinutesAdvanced Options
100% Free Forever
Never pay for SSL again. Thanks to Letsencrypt the first non-profit CA.
Our free SSL certificates are trusted in 99.9% of all major browsers.
Enjoy SSL Benefits
- Protect user data & gain trust
- Improve Search Engine Ranking
- Prevent forms of website hacking
How It Works
- Let's Encrypt is the first free and open CA
We generate certificates using their ACME server by using domain validation.
- Private Keys are generated in your browser and never transmitted.
For modern browsers we generate a private key in your browser using the Web Cryptography API and the private key is never transmitted. The private key also gets deleted off your browser after the certificate is generated. If your browser does not support the Web Cryptography API then the keys will be generated on the server using the latest version of OpenSSL and outputted over SSL and never stored. For the best security you are recommended to use a supported browser for client generation. You can also provide your own CSR when using manual verification in which case the private key is handled completely on your end.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Wildcard Certificates Supported?
They are not supported but you can add up to 100 domains and or subdomains per certificate. Just enter all the domains and subdomains you will use separated by a space (e.g. "subdomain.domain.com domain.com otherdomain.org").
- Can I use my own CSR?
Yes, just choose one of the manual verification methods and there will be an input at the bottom before the generate certificate button to provide your own CSR.
- Let's Encrypt - For their free ACME client and trusted root certificate cross signed by Iden Trust.
- PKIJS - For their amazing Web Crypto wrapper and CSR generation library.
- JSZIP - For client zipping and downloading of certificate files.